Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Are you ready for change?




I have recently come to the conclusion after successfully dropping 110lbs and still wearing a size 18, that i am ok with discovering heredity dictates, that i am just "a smaller/big woman" on this planet.



After all.... if i drop much more weight, my top half will litterally disappear!

Besides, i like how i look right now, I'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY! That's it, i am just a smaller big woman, and it feels ok to be just that.

Forget the size of the tag on the dress or jeans.... look how great i look. So maybe next year i will drop another 100lbs and become Americas prize possession of the opitimy of a fox! But today, today i am happy, healthy and feel so very good. So i can stay here in the present and not starve anymore. I have just begin to make better food choices, one day at a time and i encourage myself to choose to keep moving! Like walking every morning, which has become my favorite alone time. Time to visit with the birds , nature and My Godself. I love it.

Then twice a week i hired a fitness trainer who loves to see me "do a good set" i am inspired to climbt up 23 flights of stairs yep! twice a week, and this is going to sound weird but i am actually enjoying it. i have no more anxiety about anything, if i do i tend to loose it right obout the 5th floor and somehow i seem to get a renewed burst of energy somewhere around the 10th floor and glory be to god when i get to the top (we call it the mountain top) there have been days i cried and other days i just breathed...smile and now, after approx 4 months i make it all the way down without stopping once. someday, i will say that about going to the top meanwhile i am ok that i just do it!! and i do it for me.... and

Food well, i do love food, i enjoy a good meal and so, for me excercise must become my best friend because i am choosing to allow my other best friend to stay with me.. food that is. and its ok. I am telling you, I am going to eat this lifetime and believe it or not, some days, i eat less and i hear myself saying ...just have some more water to drink, you are just thirsty not hungry or i say go ahead and have what you want all weekend just less than you would ordinarily eat, etc. I have learned to eat many times a day vs. 2 or 3 times. being in touch with my inner self has been a real jewel of a discovery throughout this journey as well!!

so to all plus women, remember being full figured is more than being flabby, we must be willing to re-evaluate the choices we have made for our own lives , make new choices and new changes that will begin to enhance and benefit ourselves. We must take back control and stop being a volunteer victim.



I welcome your feedback to begin to take this journey together, discovering how it is "ok" to be you and to change you for the better, a better life, for better health, for a better acceptance of you, by you.

I SUSPECT WHEN IT IS OK FOR YOU ....TO BE YOU, IT WILL THEN BECOME OK WITH OTHERS, FOR YOU TO BE YOU, JUST THE WAY YOU ARE.

Start today and tomorrow, you will be glad you did. I PROMISE.

Sincerely,

Pamela A. Young

No comments:

Post a Comment